Our MissionTeen with a Dream™ is a 501 (c) (3) charity founded specifically to enrich the lives of pediatric cancer patients and the lives of their families by combating the effects of social isolation and loneliness during chemotherapy through specialized social, educational, and financial programs.
Our StoryTeen with a Dream™ is one of the only national cancer charities founded specifically for children by a childhood cancer survivor. Diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, 14-year old Spencer Harrison spent most of 2003 fighting for his life. While the year was a tough one for both Spencer and his family, the 14-year-old chose to draw strength from his experience and help others undergoing the lonely, painful process of chemotherapy.
Our GoalsTo combat the effects of social isolation experienced by kids undergoing chemotherapy and provide them with friendship and comfort. Through the generous donations of our partners and sponsors, Teen With a Dream strives to ensure each child identified to us receives our signature Chemo-Day Care Packª on treatment day...
- "The kids are loving the trees so much"
- "Thank you very much for the trees, the kids really enjoy them. They go crazy knowing that they can take a gift from the trees."
- The Germ Lite Firehouse Fun was a wonderful event to share great experiences with the firemen, along with sharing stories with other parents in the same "not-so-great" cancer journeys. It was a time for the kids to just be kids and not think about what they are going through. It was also a time to network with other parents and know you're not alone in all of this. Thanks so much for the lifelong memories made that day!
- The firehouse event was a much needed day of fun for our family. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day living life with cancer, where you sometimes forget to have fun along the way. This event helped us get some fun back into our lives and realize that we need more of it. Thanks so much Teen With a Dream!!!
- We had a great time meeting other families that are in a similar situation. It was great for our son Keller to be able to play with other children, as he has not been able to for quite some time. The firefighters were great fun and the lunch was delicious. We may have created life long friendships and we sincerely thank you for that.
-The Buffkin Family
- My son Caleb had a wonderful time at the fire house on Saturday. All of the firefighters were so wonderful and very welcoming. They took a part of their day to spend time with all of the patients and showed a sincere interest and concern for them. Thanks so much for everything.
- I just wanted to let you and Spencer know how much my patient Caleb Stewart loved the firehouse day. He couldn't stop talking about it at his last appointment. Thanks for always doing such great projects for the kids. It brings such a joy to them!